Monday, April 23, 2012

Oink Oink.....

yup this Saturday was THE day they arrived. Scary or what? well Doug wasn't but then he is at work all week! They settled in really quickly and seem happy. Mind you I haven't a clue what an unhappy pig looks like.
They are Large Blacks - apparently pig breeders have very little imagination and they are called large blacks because yup they are large and black, well not so large at the mo as they are 10 weeks old. They are brothers and are always together in fact they are quite cute - so far. They and snuggle up together to sleep and are pleased when you go down and see them.
So today I am home alone with 8 chickens and 2 pigs!!!
I have quite a bit to do today as  have a meeting tonight but in between running down the garden (got to keep checking on the pigs!) - which is quite long and blogging I still have LOADS to do, better crack on.

5 comments:

Carole said...

So Funny, quick go check they are still there!!! You are bonkers you know but we all love yer ha ha. Look forward to catching up soon seems ages since ive seen you xxx

Scrapbagleader said...

Oh my, how on earth are you not going to fall in love with these little fellows? They won't taste half so good if you do. Good luck with them, and looking forward to seeing the porky layouts . xx

Christie Bryant said...

They look so sweet!

Sara F-M said...

Awww how fab! I'd like some pigs too at some point, so I'll watch how you get on with your boys! Be careful they don't break out by digging under the fence, either wood rail at the bottom or barbed wire to put them off, either than or electric fence.

lisa said...

I expected cute little pink ones with curly tails. They are much bigger than I expected.
Is Doug happy?
x
ps...I'm a very jolly teacher and not strict at all : )