Wednesday, January 31, 2007

spent the day in hospital lol

Set off after the school run to pick up Caz, best friend. We had booked a ‘Trading Places’ pitch at our local hospital. Arrived at Lister hospital and unloaded..Caz did the lift I ran up the stairs…HATE SMALL SPACES I am such a wuss and NOT once did I win.

Anyway all set up and then they start

Silly potential customer Number 1 “do you have any condolence cards”
Me “ well I have a couple of thinking of you and ‘blank’ cards will these do”
I showed her some simple stamped silver roses on black and also a gold very plain but ideal IMHO
Silly potential customer Number 1oooo NO wanted something much more cheerful, no one liked him!”

Wow what could you say???? So I laughed and never got the sale

And the next

Silly potential customer Number 2 “ have you a card for a depressed man”
Me already grinning “ well not specifically does he do anything
Silly potential customer Number 2 “Yeah sits around depressed”
And she went !!!

Silly potential customer Number 3 “ did you make these”
Me “well the sign says HANDMADE but I lie” nah I never really said that BUT I so wanted to

And they went on an on ……..

Still we made over £100 and had a good gossip and plenty of coffee so all in all a nice day……till I came home ....

....to be greeted with David telling me he HAD to be at drama for a rehearsal at 6pm and Dan had to be at the swimming pool for 6.30 for a gala and tea was at 6!!!! Flippin’ kids honest they can’t do anything unless it at the last minute we roped in help and they all got to their destinations…waiting on a call to collect Dan soon…although he did phone earlier to say he came 3rd in a race and was knackered…shame really as he has 3 more to do :)

And lastly the DCM little extra sketch thingy




.....AND!!! Have I told you my really BAD NEWS.....my QK squeeze has ceased to be!!! it broke and off getting repaired I feel bereft.....god I never realised how much I used it

12 comments:

Bex said...

OK YOU I am PMSL

As for the boys - You ARE a Taxi /Cool Mum so I am laffin - ah not in PJ's till gone 9 - you have broken your own LAW .........

As for today - OMG I feel sorry for anyone asking for anything - let alone condolence! cos i reckon you and Caz would have been in fits of laughter ............ cos aren't you always??? They should NOT let you two into a hospital environment in my honest opinion .........

And hang on - moaning about a QK when you have a REVOULTION - No sympathy at all ............

ME on the other hand - I am bereft - I have aged a year today after talking to my sister - how could I have got my own age wrong???????

Bugger
Oh and of course - totally fab card as ALWAYS - you really are a designer in a studio xxxxxxx

Love Bex xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

cute!!

Bety

Kathy said...

Well.
That was a saga.
Why is it always YOU who gets the Crazies? Great stories though - you should write a book - will think of a title.....
Bad boys - but of course you'll absolutely HATE it when they are driving themselves about - I can hear your panic from here at the fery thought,,,,
And finally - love the card - you're good at this stuff aren't you?;-)

Kathy said...

Oh and a really last one
Your Squeeze is broken? - aaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Shall I send a condolence card?

Lythan said...

Ah customers! Now that was funny. The card is lovely and I really love the one underneath using the BG blush papers and the cool 50's woman.

Saffa said...

LOL...well at least these customers gave you plenty to blog!

LOVE your cards they are fantastic!

As to your day you seem like a supper mum to me to get all that done plus the card! Well done you and comiserations on the squeeze!!


xxSaffa

Gillian said...

Hi Sue, just swung by to check out your card.. it's beautiful.. great great use of the sketch and those gorgeous stamps...

Carol said...

wow sue - have you got time to breath in there somewhere.

Now, come on, with me

1.2.3 bbrrreeeatththhhheee.......

Lisa said...

Well done on the sales (once I calmed down after having read your title!!). As for the stoopid people, I have a placcard you can borrow anytime ;o)

Love the card - and so so true.

As for the boys, Kathy's right.......!!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is great! I really like all the 'lady' stamps you use. You've got a great eye for colours, too :-)

Carolyn said...

love the cards - I do like the ladies that lunch stamp

Oblibby said...

Love the silly customer stories, Sue. Especially the condolence one for the guy no one liked.

Fab card too.

xoxo