Friday, January 26, 2007

the 3 R's....Robo, Ribs & Rocky

I spend yesterday morning at Carolyn’s having Craft robo lessons….she certainly has found her way round it quickly. I have to say I was impressed with the ‘welded words’ and the fact that you can have ANY font you like…..how cool is that? What I am NOT so impressed about is the cost and the cost of the accessories…I think mainly because I am NOT very techie and I worry that I would NEVER use it to its full potential…..then I look on UKS and I see what folk can do and I NEED one. So for now will continue to sit in the fence.

Dan is back to school now I had to collect him the day of the snow as he was complaining of pains in his stomach……a 2 minute visit to the doctors confirmed he has bruised ribs and pulled/ sprained his muscles. Now obviously I asked how he did it…he had no idea. BUT he left the house Ok snowballing maybe??? Well that’s what my money is on. Actually feel relieved that is all it is cos he does seem to be in loads of pain and the doctor cheerfully said yeah he would be and it will continue for a couple of weeks!!! Ahhhh well plenty worse. This is Dan and one of me fave pages simple but .......


So now Rocky….we had decided what with Doug’s shift work and the boys various clubs they attend we would try and do more as a family. Hardly rocket science just takes a bit of planning…so Thursday seemed a good day for all so we hit the cinema…I hate to be a grump but blimey it was awful…a) I honestly cannot understand a word Sly Stone says b) he really is too old to fight c) I HATED the fight scenes I so don’t get why anyone would want to fight …yes I know it was a film but people do REALLY do that. Still rest of the family are die hard Rocky Balboa fans so it was a big hit….

More good news I have picked up another Wedding order.....Bride and groom and mum came round the other evening. All good and my lovely friends and family have all offered to help. So My web site notepaper etc is now headed up

Handmade By Sue, Mum, Doug, Bex and Caz and David so long as he is paid WELL


ooo and the Daring Card Makers have a Dare I fancy this week.......mmmm I so need more time...

made these yesterday...from an old SA kit. Still using those big blooms!!! So maybe I will challenge myself to do the DCM dare and NO big blooms...... mmmm means no sleep either. Watch this space

4 comments:

Em said...

Gorgeous cards Sue, I love the colours - your stuff is just DELICIOUS Mrs!

You already know I love that LO of Dan - it's fab.

Can't believe you sat through Rocky - have you lost your mind??!!

xxxx

Kathy said...

Great blog entry Sue!

1. be careful you don't get splinters in your bum
2. LO and cards look fab - I was just saying to myself "that looks like an old SA kit paper" then scrolled a bit further and wow, how clever am I?
3. At least next time it'll be YOUR turn to choose the film.....
4. brilliant news on the order, make sure you, er, crack the whip good and hard when your chain gang are putting it all together for you (ooo er Missus)
5. I dounble dare you to do the DCM and use NO flowers!

Bex said...

OK Sue - I am betting a huge snowball fight within the 10 minute window they had with snow on the ground .............
Perhaps David was somehow involved ........ actually no cos Dan would have grassed on him..........
SO OK Dan is being cool with mates ........ chucking snowballs, and somehow it all gets far too excited and he is wrestled by someone in a silly moment and he gets hurt ............
Hmmm Or maybe he is a big girls blouse and a simple hit with a snowball did it - In fact I like that one and will tell him so - that will eek out the truth!!!!

FABBY stuff as usual - and glad to see I am on your headed paper - will add it to my CV

Love Bex xxxxxxx

Lythan said...

Not only do I know it is SA kit I know that it is Chatterbox paper. I have hardly any of this kit left because I loved it so - even if it was Chatterbox!
The page is just great Sue. You can do simple but effective brilliantly