Monday, January 30, 2012

Quiet Monday

Monday again - and I have an empty house. After the comings and goings of the boys over the weekend it is very quiet- peaceful :) Mind you I do hate the way the weekend flies by stupidly quickly. 
This morning I haven't done anything very much but play in my craft room mainly because my legs are really aching after doing two 5km runs over the weekend. I do like running when its cold so I thought I could manage 2 which I did but now I know why I usually run every other day!! We will see what tomorrow brings.


I have finished off 2 LO's today both of which I have had on the go for a few days but haven't had a chance to just complete. I did the sketch over on Twisted Sketches #136 where the twist was fabric - so I cut a fabric circle and got my sewing machine out and stitched the lace onto it plus I used some ribbon so nearly 3 fabrics :)


nothing beats tea and a chat

Cosmo Cricket Pixie - Licious

This is a rather dark photo of my mum I took while I was demoing my iPhone to her and Doug's parents, we had all met up for a cuppa in Neals Yard Covent Garden - in between January Sale shopping. I love the little Maya Road tea-pot and mug - perfect for this photo


and then I found this blog Lets Capture these Sketches #116 and loved the sketch so had a play


Little and Large

you may have to click on this to read the journalling. It says

At Christmas we always get a couple of boxes ready for the boys presents.
 I can’t tell you how pleased I was the day I prepared these

Echo Park - Times and Seasons

Stupid really but I was giggling all day I couldn't wait for Chrstmas morning when I showed David hs box compared to Dans and yes I did have a 'proper' one ready.

6 comments:

Carole said...

Fab layouts, lovely one of mummy. Put my to shame as usual.Very amart sewing x

Christie said...

Love both of your layouts! So much detail!
You're running so much! I hope your legs feel better soon.

Creative Treasures said...

Fab LO's Sue, Love those Echo Park papers, keep up the good work with the running, you are doing a fab job.

Tracy
X

Kath said...

Gorgeous L/O with your Mum. I love the boxes too!!! I bet you all had a good laugh about those!!

Take care you don't wear your legs out. You need them for Florida :) xx

LolĂ´ Artesanato said...

Beautiful pages Dear
tks for playing along at Let's Capture These Sketches
xx
Leila

Sheena said...

Great Lo inspired by our sketch Sue x
many thanks for taking part.
Sheena x
TwistedSketches.