Monday, January 24, 2011

MONDAY ALREADY

why do the weekends go so flipping’ fast? Hey ho back to Monday morning, alarm clocks, packed lunches, and all round manic haste - especially if you sleep through said alarm clock - no not me - but Dan IDIOT!! Especially as I was up and it never occurred to me he was still in bed!!! he usually is out the door early.

Doug and I spent much of Saturday in the town market square with the Rotary Club selling
'FOOD FOR FLOODING'
Barbie for Brisbane - Burgers/sausages etc given to us by the local butcher and rolls donated from Gregg's
Samosas for Sri Lanka – an amazing 250 given free by Hitchin Gurdwara all cooked fresh Saturday morning
Caipirinhas for Brazil - again donated from the Off licence

Have to say the Caipirinhas (a Brazilian drink - never heard of it myself) - bit like a Mojito with crushed lime and sugar and ice managed to keep us warm

We raised an amazing £970.00 - aren’t folk fabulous?

Thanks to a couple of lovely mates I discovered I was a


how chuffed am I? :) :) It was for this LO here if you want a look

Last week I did this for Sketchabilities 39
P is for a perfect cuppa

Mostly inspired (copied) from the lovely Lis who ‘painted’ with a bit of corrugated card

Sue xx

2 comments:

Lis xx said...

And 'p' is for 'Pukka' that's a word that would suit Doug!
a Pukka chef!
My weekend went by too fast too and I broke my new crockpot, doh!!
Love that LO. Painting looks great x

Christie said...

Fun to be a Sketchy Thursdays Fave! Yay for you lady!
Love the Perfect Cuppa layout too! You're such a fabulous crafter!
xoxo