Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Walk this way



We were so pleased that Sunday was a bright and sunny day - cold but fab for doing another London Walk - we now have 2 books so this year we can do even more. Plus I get to try out my new camera. We drove up to Ladbroke Grove tube - parking is never a problem on a sunday as we can park for free in the pay and display so we parked up and set off. The book called the walk “A Tale of Two Tribes” not sure why but think its a reference to past racial tensions. 


Anyway we set off through to 
Wornington Green
housing Estate which is dominated

 by this 
<<
with this beautiful
mews next to it
>>

 
We then turned into 


and confidently!! walked the wrong way - how dense are we? Anyway a quick map check and a bit of reading - the book has some great stories and we were back on track

I loved Portabello Road - we walked the whole length of it - FAB


 and then around the corner into Notting Hill

We mooched around here for a while had lunch then set off into Kensington Park Road - a fab road with gorgeous houses - and where, I have just read
in Chris Evans book, that he used to live. Loving theBiography BTW

Walk completed the book said we had done 4 miles but with our detours and the fact we walked up Portabello Road again we probably did 6 miles.

I am currently browsing my book for the next one


Before the weekend I managed the FABULOUS sketch over on Sketchabilities 38

New Toy

Sue xx

5 comments:

Lis xx said...

Wow, that's a loud shirt he's wearing!! Love that LO. Lovely sketch.
I love your walking stories. Please can I have a nosey at the book at the weekend. Thinking it could be a nice buy for Ade's birthday. xx

Bev said...

Love your LO Sue and your story!

Christie said...

So fabulous! Your photos are amazing! I NEED to take another trip to London - your photos make me long to take one of your walks. What books are you reading from?

Christine said...

Hi Sue, happy New Year. I love looking at your pages they are fab. Christine

Heather leopard said...

Great LO and it's so clean. Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!