Thursday, May 3, 2012

and so it goes on and on.......

Being home alone in charge of pigs and chickens is not my idea of heaven when the weather is nice. Now, with all this rain the mud is so deep where the pigs are I frequently lose my brand new beautiful flower patterned wellies! I hate having to wear them as they get so muddy :( Have to say the pigs do seem very happy with the mud so maybe its just me lol. On the upside of having the animals we are allowed to use a hose to wash down and fill up the water etc etc. The pigs drink like, well, greedy pigs and Doug has a water butt in a tree - honest you have to see it to believe it is connected to a drinker that has a valve thingy in it - sure there is a technical term but basically it means they get constant water. We have to climb a tree, well lets be honest WE don't we send the boys!!! they are much younger and far more agile, and up until a couple of days ago we passed up full watering cans to them. Such a a palaver. Then 2 days ago I bought an extension to our hose, I can tell you I got some really odd looks and funnily enough the Hose Pipe shelf was jam packed I could have had all of the colours in all of the sizes (I did love that advert I am so old lol) Even the lady at the till asked me was I aware that there was a hose pipe ban!! Anyway filling the water butt is now a piece of cake and no kids are involved making for an all round more peaceful event! The boys do manage to moan a lot!! So just the rain and mud issue to solve now then and looking at the forecast not sure that is going to happen.
Pigs in ..... goodness only knows lol!!
a happy pig!!!!
Right enough, onto a challenge set over on CBC to use flags
It is all about the right hat

and sunshine - remember that!

3 comments:

Kath said...

Love the L/o Sue. My goodness.. it looks a bit muddy there!!! LOL

Creative Treasures said...

Fab LO Sue, love the colours you have used, I can't believe how muddy it is although the pigs look happy :) x

Christie said...

Those pigs look happy!
I love your layout, I think hats make people smile more. :)